The winning sports organizations that trust ALTIS to build speed
You’ve spent countless hours sifting through jargon-filled speed training research. Most of it is conflicting, over-complicated at best.
There’s no single, organized resource to help you deliver more effective speed development to your team athletes.
What you do find lacks in practical application.
There’s some information to explain WHAT you should train — but to create those game-defining moments that are the difference between victory and defeat — you need to understand the HOW and WHY behind speed.
“ALTIS is a beacon of pragmatic, experience-rich coaches who offer a myriad of adaptable solutions for ANY coach interested in the realm of performance. ALTIS has always appealed to me because of their simplicity and honesty.”
- Brett Bartholomew, Best-selling author, Art of Coaching
AT ALTIS, WE PRODUCE GAME-DEFINING MOMENTS
LET US SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT TOO
Need For Speed is the combined expertise of Coaches Stuart McMillan and Dan Pfaff, plus an ALTIS staff with 150+ years of cumulative coaching experience.
Together, the team has coached 100+ Olympians to win 56 Olympic medals. They currently consult on speed for professional teams across the MLB, NFL, NHL, AFL, and English Premier League.
This course is developed through experience, research, conversation, and collaboration with 30+ leading team sport speed experts from around the world.
See what the industry’s top coaches
learn from Need For Speed
“With so many questions being asked about how to develop effective, usable speed qualities in team sport athletes, no other resource out there is as holistic in answering these questions as ALTIS Need For Speed.”
- Cam Josse, Indiana University Athletic Performance Coach
“I have a better grasp on speed thought processes and how to apply them to team sport—a new lens through which to make decisions about what I’m spending time on and if it’s really going to help us in our sport.”
- Matt Gildersleeve, Kansas U Football Director of Sports Performance
“I’m a lot more confident in prioritizing technical corrections, particularly with upright running.”
- Shaun Maloney, Belgium National Team Coach
Need For Speed is the only resource you’ll ever need to safely improve how fast your players play the game
A digital course dedicated to the science & practice of speed in team sports.
With video, text, case studies, and practical examples from ALTIS coaches and renowned expert contributors.
Learn at your own pace through recorded discussions, graphics, and activities that encourage critical thinking.
Here’s what you’ll experience inside Need For Speed
So you can confidently coach your athletes towards dunks, goals, touchdowns, triples, & tries — the plays that win games
WHAT IS SPEED?
- The many ways to define speed - and why knowing the difference is critical to your results
- What speed means to other coaches and players from their experiences and context
- How to differentiate between ‘information-oriented skill’ and ‘energetically-determined abilities’ and the role each plays in an athlete’s results
- The most relevant speed sub-components in your sport with the “The ALTIS Gamespeed Model” so you’re focusing coaching time in the right area, and more
WHY IS SPEED IMPORTANT?
- Four steps to describe, assess, and improve movement from an “athlete first” and a “game first” approach
- The “rules” of sprinting, so you can assess the competency of your players in acceleration and upright running
- Why context is important, and how understanding its relevance is key to developing speed in the game
- How to better understand possible training and coaching interventions based on your athletes’ skill levels
- Why a player who “learns the rules” can more safely and effectively “bend or break” them in the team sport context, and more
HOW DO WE DEVELOP SPEED?
- How to apply the ALTIS Game-speed Model and determine the type of speed problem you need to solve
- To be a more efficient and effective coach using The ALTIS Coaching Framework to organize your training and coaching plan
- How to define and recognise foundational shapes, patterns, rhythms and postures in linear sprinting that serve as a process to assess other ‘Gamespeed’ sub-components
- How to coach acceleration and upright sprinting
- All about dribbles, rudiment, return to play protocols, and more
- The ‘rules’ of team sport speed, and more
Your always-available community
ALTIS AGORA COUNCIL PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
DEDICATED COURSE SUPPORT
A private community with new video content, live streams, discussion forums, collaboration, and networking for coaches from across the globe.
Course facilitator and ALTIS Programs Director Nick Ward answers questions and gives guidance in the Facebook group, wherever you are in the course.
Recognition for a job well done
2.0 CATEGORY C CEUs
“How soon will I be able to develop a new speed program for my team?”
And answers to other smart questions...
We’ve designed Need For Speed so it can impact your coaching on day 1. Get ready to have it influence your coaching programs immediately!
Need For Speed is everything we know about team sport speed. We’re so confident this Course will make it easier to get your team athletes better results — that we’ll refund your money, no questions asked, if you let us know within 30 days that it’s not for you.
““Coaches and students ask me all the time about key resources in our field. My number one response is ALTIS! The GOLD STANDARD in performance training.”
- Loren Landow, Head of Strength & Conditioning, Denver Broncos
“ALTIS is arguably the single best and largest resource of knowledge in the athletics industry. The combined years of proven experience and expertise is unrivaled.”
- Dr. Fergus Connolly, Sport & Military Performance Expert