In conjunction with U.S. Ski & Snowboard, the Barton Performance by ALTIS team in South Lake Tahoe, California is now accepting applications for a Paid Intern Performance Coach!
This appointment will last 9-12 months beginning January 7th, 2019 and will include a monthly stipend ($1250-$1500) as well as a cost-of-living contribution.
Combining the expertise of Barton Health, U.S. Ski & Snowboard Sport Science Department, and ALTIS makes this a unique opportunity for individuals looking to broaden their experiences into the realms of wellness, orthopedics, rehabilitation, sport science and performance.
The Lake Tahoe Basin offers a unique lifestyle with an array of winter and summer activities. South Lake Tahoe is a Californian mountain town and area from where Barton Performance by ALTIS is delivering coaching and training programs to a broad demographic of clients with a range of goals and needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be fully immersed in the culture and operations at the Center for Orthopedics and Wellness and will be exposed to the high-performance environments of ALTIS in Phoenix, Arizona as well as U.S. Ski & Snowboard in Park City, Utah.
Primary opportunities include:
- Programming, coaching and support in delivering the philosophy and methodology to general population, rehabilitating, youth and elite athletes and clients.
- Assessment of participants using an array of appropriate methods including ‘orthopedic’, ‘functional’ and ‘observational skills.’
- Assessment of participants using sport science technology and protocols.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be open-minded to applying essential principles across various populations based on need. Preferred qualifications include:
- Degree in sport science, sports medicine, or a related field
- Acquiring or in possession of a nationally recognized accreditation/certification
- Eligible to work in the United States at time of application
How to Apply:
Applications must include a 1-page resumed (PDF only) and 2-minute video addressing:
1) What excites you about this internship opportunity?
2) What unique qualities and skills do you bring to the table?
3) Tell us an interesting fact about yourself.
Please email your resume and a direct link from Dropbox to your application video to Nick Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is 5:00PM PST on November 24th, 2018!