The announcement of a Canadian hub for Altis has generated quite a bit of conversation over the week or so, and we would like to now announce that Altis Canada is open for business!
Speaking on behalf of Altis Canada, Head Coach Laurier Primeau said:
“As the 2014 season winds down and athletes look to position themselves to make the strongest run possible toward Rio 2016, Altis Canada is ready to accept the right cultural and performance fits into the Program. We are interested in hearing from those who would like to explore the possibility of teaming up to maximize athlete potential.”
Dr Ramogida echoed Coach Primeau’s thoughts:
“Having worked with members of Altis’ coaching group previously – in guiding UK Athletics to its most successful Olympics in many years – it is very exciting to now have the opportunity to team up again. Working with Laurier Primeau with the same performance model employed at Altis will provide an athlete experience which has proven to be successful repeatedly over many years. The opportunity to provide a world-class environment to Canadian athletes is a dream come true for me. We eagerly look forward to welcoming our first group of athletes – working together to build a competitive and supportive environment which produces champions in Athletics and Life for years to come.”
With Laurier Primeau and Dr Gerry Ramogida, we feel we have secured the premier coach-therapist partnership in the country, and with the integration with our Arizona home-base, there is no doubt that this is a winning combination for Canadian athletes.
Altis Canada will be offering the following services to athletes beginning in the 2014-15 season:
• 50/50 share of time between the two Centers; it is recognized that many athletes cannot relocate to our Arizona hub full-time for two reasons:
1. Securing a foreign resident Visa is not possible for all athletes
2. Some athletes require part-time work to finance training and living costs – and without a Visa, the athlete is unable to work in the US
• special care and consideration will be taken to ensure that programming between the two Centers are consistent, and seamless. Altis Canada athletes will be training under the exact same philosophy of Altis AZ, and have access to elite Performance Therapy while in Vancouver
• integration into Altis AZ training groups while in Phoenix. Our Home Center Resident Athlete Pool includes over 40 elite athletes – supported by 8 coaches and 8 therapists. While in AZ, Altis Canada athletes will train with their respective event-groups, and the elite athletes within them. All efforts will be made by our Altis AZ Athlete Services Team to provide Altis Canada athletes inexpensive housing options while in Phoenix – including the option of being hosted by our Arizona-resident athletes.
• world-leading therapy support in each of the two Centers
• world-class training venues in both Centers
• housing assistance while in Vancouver
• the unending desire of all of our coaches, and staff to provide the very best services for our athletes. We will leave no stone un-turned to ensure that the athletes reach their potential
Membership options at Altis Canada mirror those of our Altis AZ home-base. You can read more about them here.
If you are interested in becoming a Altis Canada member, please contact Head Coach Laurier Primeau at firstname.lastname@example.org